Thursday, April 15, 2010

April 13,14,15 2010

Departing Sydney and on my way to The Entrance. While coming out of the city I saw a cafe called James Cafe. Had to go in to have a latte before the journey. It wasn't too bad getting to The Entrance a little long but not too bad. Met a cool guy named Jon who told me about a trail that leads to New Castle, so I kept that in mind. When I arrived it was a bit challenging to find a camp site under 30 dollars but I did it!!! I liked The Entrance its kinda like Lake Entrance but less people everywhere, more quiet.

Next morning it was time to head to Raymond Terrace. On the way I stopped in a bike shop in Belmont. I grabbed some supplies and started talking to one of the guys who works there. I'm guessing he was the owner, but a really awesome guy!! He told me about a bike trail heading into New castle what a coincidence , so he drew me a map and sacrificed a map from the phone book, I think just so I would not get lost lol The bike trail was groovy!! Thanks so much for that!!!

I arrived in New Castle and had some lunch on the docks. I was going to take some pics because its just a beautiful little city but my batteries were dead!!!! So disappointed I was Couldn't believe it. Sorry guys that I couldn't take any pictures maybe next time when I'm up here.

Couldn't stop long had to get to Raymond Terrace, which went by pretty fast!! The high way was awesome, sooo much room on the shoulder couldn't believe it. When I arrived in Raymond went to the shops for food and made some beef noodle stir fry for dinner yummmm!!!

Next morning it was time to go forward and beyond!!! to Bulahdelah. On my way to Bulahdelah I stoped in a little town to have a coffee and a baked good. I had the loaf a bread called a t-cake and latte. While I finished I kept cycling on the high way there was a rumble in my belle. I was time for lunch so I pulled over and started munching. In my process of munching a dude named Tony crept up next to me. We started chatting away for a bit and got to know each other, he is the most friendly dude every!! He lives up just before Ballina, so i'll give him a call when I'm in the neighborhood for sure. While I got to Bulahdelah went to the local shop to grab some grocery's for my awesome night of burrito's!!! YAAAA!!! When I got out of the shop look who was there fixing his tyre Tony!! So i chit chatted with Tony for a bit until he had to go and start peddling away back home.

Well blog readers that was my three days of craziness!! Have a good one guys!!!!!
One more thing the burrito's where sooooooo goooood!!!!

-Jesse Fokkens

No comments:

Post a Comment