Sunday, April 11, 2010

9-10th day!! April 6,7th 2010

Had to get to Narooma today but instead went to Batesman Bay instead. Nothing much to see in Batesman bay. Next day my destination was Ulludulla which was not too bad of a ride easier than the ride to and out of Merimbula haha. I was making good time to Ulludulla so I decided to do another 50kms to Nowra. Everything was going well, I was going to make it before the sun came down but 20kms out of the city my trailer tyre popped!!! So I had to fix the tyre but the valve on the tube wasn't working very well. I could pump the tube up but air would leak out of it right away. So I had to quickly pump up the tyre then quickly pull the pump off the valve so no air would escape. Well I kept on trying but i could only fill it half full. It was better than nothing so i quickly hopped back on the bike and pedaled into Nowra at around 7 I do believe. It was so dark!!! When I got to the camp site the dude gave me a free site. He recognized my accent and said that i was a Calgarian!!! I'm like ya buddy that's crazy!! how did he know!!! Turns out he coached rugby in Edmonton for a couple of years, thought that was pretty groovy. Have a wonderful day Internet folk talk to ya soon!!!

-Jesse Fokkens

No comments:

Post a Comment