Sunday, May 23, 2010

Last two weeks from Brisbane to Townsville

Hello everyone!!!!!!

Sorry about not updating my blog in the two weeks, i've been busy cycling hahaha Well lets see what has been going on!!

Coming out of Brisbane was wonderful, I really like the ride to Redcliffe. Another cyclist came up behind me and showed me a way going along the ocean.

While I was coming out of Mooloolaba I went on the local sunshine coast radio!!! I thought they were going to interview me and tell everyone what I was doing. Well it was kinda like that.... They gave me a call and the lady said "you ready Jesse" I replied "Yup" then all of a sudden I was 10 secs away going on air live!!! hahaha I have no idea what was going through my head, just that I had no idea it was live hahah I think it went well? hahah I was too shocked hahaha

After that crazy episode I kept on cycling through Noosa Heads, Gympie, Childers, Gin Gin, and Miriam Vale. Until I got up to Gladstone everything was going groovy haha. While in Gladstone couldn't find a caravan park so I decide to camp on the beach, which by the way is really beautiful. Bad part was I had drunks sleeping 50 meters or so away from me. All good until they had too much and a fight was getting wound up until the cops came and searched around the beach and had a talking to the dude's. The cops didn't try to wake me up, first thing they couldn't find the way in my tent and second they saw the bike and thought just to leave me be. A half hour went by then they brought in the dog to do some sniffing about. Nothing was found and the cops left. After that drama show I really needed to get some sleep but around 1am what did I hear my trailer rolling away on me!!! Come on!!! Quickly jumped out of my tent but the guy was gone before I saw him. I was guessing it was the dudes near me but who knows.... So I locked my trailer with my bike and tent, if they want to take something well they must take it all hahaha

Coming out of Gladstone I cycled to Rockhampton where I had thai food for dinner and the best part!!!......well the curry was good but they had coconut sticky rice!!! I have not had sticky rice in soo long. mmmmmm......

Out of Rocky went to Marlborough, Claireview, Sarina, Calen (which was a lovely place to stay, the owner let me stay for free!!!! but I drank the water out of the kitchen sink which I was told good but until I got to Proserpine where i spent that night vomiting up my dinner, among other things. But the good thing was the next day was only a 62km ride to Bowen.

Bowen to Ayr now in Townsville!!!! YAAAAA!!!!!!!

Well MY Blogg Readers!!! There will be pics up tomorrow!! Have a wonderful day!!! I do apologize about not updating it might get worse tho because I will be going in the outback next haha

Jesse Fokkens

1 comment:

  1. You went on live!! What a champ! How are things going? Do you have a cell that I could call you on?

    I am hosting a singles auction for HD....check out our site! www.hdsinglesauction.com

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete