Friday, May 7, 2010

April 29-May 5th 2010

Part three of three

Brisbane

Time to wake up!! I saw a sign on the pathway on the river about a yoga class that started at 6am so I was SOOOO in YAAAHHH!!! Got up nice and early so I could start the day right by doing some yoga before a little bike ride. Well got there at 5:30am and no one was there so I went for a little peddle for about 15mins. Came back still no one was there, what is going on? Then 5 to 6am a lady came and another lady came. Three of us were wondering where this yoga class was, it was already 6:15am. I biked up and down the river to see if any classes were going on but couldn’t find anything. Oh well I said to my self that means a longer bike ride that’s all haha.

Got hour and a half into my ride until something was wrong with my bike. It didn’t sound too good so I started heading back to the hostel really slowly but the sound and feeling on the bike kept getting worse and worse haha. Until I could barely push down on the peddle hahaha OOOPS….Ya, it was time to head to the bike shop and put my bike in for a proper service. Haha Walked the rest of the way to the shop and slapped my baby in there.

Well I guess I won’t be going by bike to the restaurant for lunch eh? Haha I grabbed a city cat to Bretts Wharf to chow down on some groovy food. I entered the restaurant and what do you know Alastair made a booking for me haha A lovely table right next to the window looking over the river and the view of the city.

Okay, Okay, Okay this is the part where I get a little bit crazy bare with me I might get pretty exited hahaha

Lunch Menu:

1st course

White wine to start: Cloudy Bay sauvignon blanc 09 marlborough

Had that with the Hanoi tiger prawn and barramundi spring rolls, vietnamese mint, sweet chilli

You can ask anything better than that!!!! OHHH MY!!!!! REALLY GOOD!!!!

2nd course

Red wine to start: Teusner ‘riebke’ shiraz 08 Barrossa (if you haven’t had this, it’s a must)

Cape grim beef, flame grilled leek, champ, roasted mushroom, smoked salt

3rd course

Dessert: bethonga pineapple, phillis clark’s ‘lost bread’, vanilla cheesecake, apple gel

OH ya and a Latte hehe.

This was such an amazing lunch!!! If you want to eat come here!!! Chilled environment with epic food!!! I would dine there all the time!!!!

Following lunch I hoped on the ferry and took a cruise to the university of Queensland. Wonderful campus they have. I got a little lost but I managed, the garden’s were very pretty and just beautiful. I walked up to the bridge I’m guessing it’s called the campus bridge? It goes over the river. I walked on the wrong side oops, one side was for cyclist and the other was for pedestrians haha (make sure where ever you go in Brisbane that you go on the right side or the right pathway) Went back on the ferry and headed back to the hostel, while on my way back the sun was down and it was dark coming into south bank and it was just beautiful at night. It was a good day today nothing but a smile on my face. Can’t wait till tomorrow to see more of Brisbane!!

Next Day:

Well I’m going straight to the dinner today !!!! LOL I took it easy today needed a rest I have been going on overload so I just chilled and went for a walk and did lots of sitting, until dinner at Bretts

Dinner:

1st course

White wine to start: cape mentelle sauvigon blanc semillion 09 margaret river

Seared scallops, spanner crab and inisfail heart of palm salad, roasted melon, nasturtium

2nd course

Roasted barramundi, salad of Mooloolaba prawns, whipped potato, shellfish vinaigrette

3rd course

Dessert wine: de bortoli noble one botrytis Semillon 06 griffith

Dessert: malted milk chocolate parfait, pistachio nougat, dry and salted caramel

At the end of the meal I had a petty four and a nice cup of latte

That topped everything in Brisbane coming to Bretts and having a groovtastic, epic meal along the river over looking the stunning city of Brisbane. Thank you to everyone at Bretts for wonderful service, groovtastic food, awesome view and your kindness!!! Thank you!!!

Well that concludes my adventure in Brisbane, hope you enjoyed reading it and got some laughs on some stuff hahaha I’m heading up the sunshine coast tomorrow I will see you guys then!!!!! See you blog readers!!! Have a spontaneous day (there the best days!!!)

-Jesse Fokkens

No comments:

Post a Comment