Friday, May 7, 2010

April 28th 2010

Part two of three

Brisbane

Rise and shine!!!! It 5:00 in the morning and I’m ready to explore yaaaa!!!!!!!!!! I couldn’t wait so I jumped out of bed and headed on the bike to see what’s out

there!! I first had to find some breakfast, which I found a bakery so I quickly grabbed some bread then saw a grocery store so I picked up some more grind-age and head to the hostel to cook up some food.

Breakfast done!!! Off I go, my plan today was to go around the city a bit and see the Botanical garden. I went over the Goodwill Bridge to get to the Botanical garden. When entering the Gardens it was pretty groovy, it’s a really nice area you can rent bikes and cruise around the area and just chill. As I saw there was so many people up before the sun going for a run, biking, boxing, and boot camp. It was awesome to see everybody out there getting active.

The Gardens were done!! it was time to find Bretts wharf!!!!! So exited to dine at the restaurant of Alastair Mcleod!!! I didn’t know if there was a pathway all the way to the wharf by bike. I kept cycling next to the river or close as possible not letting it out of my site. The path so far was gorgeous and the apartment buildings and houses just awesome. Construction was coming up and the path ends, but I saw some signs leading me around the construction until I got lost hahaha. Had no idea where I was just trying to see where the river is. I started cycling up this hill and wondering if this is not the way but what struck me like a golf ball in the head a sign that said “view point” this way. Oh snap!!! I’ll go up there and take a gander to see where I am and get the bearings on track again. Well I can tell you the view was pretty groovtastic but I didn’t have a camera on me!! I know I know, what was I thinking. Anyways a jogger came up while I was looking at the gorgeous view of the city, and I asked him where Bretts wharf was and he said “ya just down the hill just keep making right turns and you’ll get there”, but I think he meant left turns because right would make me go away from the river haha Doing the left turns and what do you know I was there, couldn’t be more exited that I’ll be having lunch there tomorrow.

After finding the restaurant it was time to see how far you can go past Bretts wharf going along the river. Found out you couldn’t go much further haha at the end there was another complex full of other restaurants and cafes. Time to turn back and see where I messed up by following the pathway along the river haha.

It was a good day today loved biking in Brisbane, couldn’t wait till the next day to go for a ride before lunch!!!! Have a wonderful day everyone!!! See you tomorrow for more bits and pieces about Brisbane!!! Bye Bye!!!!!!!

-Jesse Fokkens

No comments:

Post a Comment