Friday, May 7, 2010

April 27th 2010

Part one of three

Brisbane:

On my way to Brisbane today!! Can’t get anymore exited!!! I decided to take the train from Coomera, I really didn’t want to take the freeway into Brisbane and plus its illegal as well, so good thing I didn’t hahaha

Riding the train and having no idea where to get off to arrive at my hostel. While on the train looking pretty funny, the only dude in tights and a bike t-shirt with all these bags hanging off my bike and this big red trailer, ya there were stares hahaha While standing there a wonderful man came up too me and was fascinated about my trailer. I was getting the 30 question lightning round from him, but at the same time he was talking about history about his family in the great war, it was crazy!! He was a smart man for sure!!! He was really inspired of what I told him what I was doing and interested in what HD was. Made me smile so much, I had good groovy vibes about him.

I heard the announcement that the next station was south bank and all of a sudden something made me to get off the train so I got off. What do you know the hostel was only 4 blocks away!!! How crazy was that!!! Its all about the vibes, people listen to the vibes that’s what its all about, ya know? I stayed at the Brisbane Backpackers on the west side of Brisbane. It a really nice hostel!!! Very friendly staff!!!! It’s in a good location for sure!!! Just a wonderful place overall I really recommend staying here!!!

Arrived at the hostel, so I rushed to get all my laundry done because it was really really stinky, haven’t done laundry in a weekish haha Laundries done!!! Time to take a ride around Brisbane!!! Way I go into South Bank along the river having no idea where I’m going just going with the flow. I decided to coast along the river, which leads me to the Story Bridge and Kangaroo Point. By this time, I already loved this city!!!! The bike paths are awesome!! The city is totally bike friendly.

It was a good first day in Brisbane, can’t wait till tomorrow to get up at 5:30am to go for a ride and do some more exploring!!! Have a good night!!!! Blog readers!!!

-Jesse Fokkens

No comments:

Post a Comment